Friday, September 24, 2010

Simply a Child of God... listening to her Father.

When I was 8 years old, I came to my Daddio with lots of questions and after he explained everything about how we all sin, but Jesus came and lived a perfect life and gave his life on the cross to pay for our sin, so that we can have a forever relationship with God, and showed me many bible verses, I accepted Christ as my Savior and LORD. When I was 13, I felt God calling me to my first mission trip to Venezuela. At the age of 14, I was on my way home from my 2nd trip to Venezuela, when I knew the LORD was calling me to a life of missions, that one day he would call me to full-time missions. Over the years, I've thought and dreamed...where will it be? Where will God send me?


Manila, Philippines was the farthest place from my mind. I never had a specific image or place, for a time I assumed it would be Venezuela, since that was all that I knew. Growing up in the country, I definately didn't expect to eventually be living in a HUGE city...


But, here I am years later after that plane ride at the age of 14, and now my prayers and wonderings are finally answered. Quezon City, Manila, Philippines is it. I have prayed through every step regarding the Philippines, since I first knew God was planning something, when I first started looking at possible International Mission Board (IMB) projects. I felt the LORD's confirmation as soon as I started praying. God has been so gracious and so faithful to answer my continual prayer of LORD, please just continue to confirm this in me. Please reconfirm this plan. LORD, it's not that I'm hesitant to do Your will, but I want to be totally sure that it is from You and not of my own wanting. I keep praying this prayer...and you'd think eventually I would just... stop. But I don't... even as He is continuing to confirm His decision.


So, as of now, I will be returning to the Philippines mid-October. For how long?? (As the question always goes) ... let's just say this... I currently have no return date in mind. Of course I would like to come back to the USA and visit my dear family and friends as God permits, but I don't have any intention of living in the USA until God intervenes and changes my direction again... which could easily be in a couple years, and if that would be His plan.. then I will go where He calls.


For those of you that know me or regularly check my blog for updates and are constantly in prayer on my behalf, I thank you so much! The LORD has truly blessed me beyond reason with the enormous amount of encouragement I've recieved. I believe more now than ever in the power of prayer to our Sovereign LORD, and I know that the LORD heard your prayers and there were many times that the LORD came to my rescue and turned circumstances around so quickly it nearly made me dizzy just watching Him work.


As excited as I am to be taking this step in my life, there are certainly some aspects to this decision that are heartbreaking to me and my family; but it is in those moments when we will be forced to our knees, in those moments when the LORD WILL BE our Comforter, our Strong Tower. He is always faithful, even when we have our days of doubt, HE WILL be with us; even on the days it seems all we want to do is cry, HE WILL be with us; even on the days where it seems our world is falling apart around us; HE WILL BE WITH US...and for that and in the midst of all situations, we will worship Him and trust in His Sovereign wisdom and plan.



~ To God Be the Glory!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany,
We are so blessed to know you and to have you share your passion for missions with our family. Thank you for following God's calling and being an encouragement to us! Noah put one of the photos Emma brought home up on the ceiling until he can get the one he wants (I think he has Augustine now). Emma is taking all the pics she got to school to share them with her friends.

We are blessed with the opportunity to continue to support you and cannot wait to hear of the other lives you have touched.

We pray for you on this amazing journey!
Love,
The Pressley's

Anonymous said...

Brit - you are an amazing young woman and I'm so honored to be one of your many "momma's" at BLBC! You will always be in our prayers and even though we want you home with us, we know that you're doing exactly what God has planned for you - and how many of us can truly say that??!

We love you!

Mindy

denie heppner said...

you are greatly needed here...missed...two little ones have died since you left and franz is gone to spain...your emotional support greatly needed...

tracey said...

brittany..

your blog journey is amazing! and i'm so excited to read that you are there again! and i can't wait to meet you and your big heart. very soon.. :)

xo ate trace