Monday, September 28, 2009

My heart is breaking...

My heart is breaking for them!



For those that haven't been paying attention to the world news lately, the Philippines are having major flooding, especially in Manila, where I spent the summer. Praise God that the orphanage itself was on high ground and was not flooded, however, many of the staff lost everything, the guys' apartment was flooded and they lost alot as well, and so many more lost everything. People that I spent the summer right alongside have lost everything...people that I love! We actually came pretty close to losing one the guys, but thankfully God was gracious and allowed everyone to get back to GH safely! Many people are staying at GH right now because they simply have no where else to go. In Malabon.. they have nothing; they had nothing really when I was there this summer, now they have even less. People are panic buying, the grocery store lines are over an hour wait and the shelves are empty, people are buying any food they can, meaning no food for the poor; meaning no food for Malabon and other places like it.

This has only confirmed in my heart even more that God is currently calling me to the Philippines. And with that, I shall make my newest announcement...plans have changed; when I return to Manila in Dec. I will no longer be returning after only 3 weeks, but instead will be staying for an extended amount of time. Right now, I'm looking at possibly returning around August 2010. I have been praying about this for some time now, and have felt God leading me to this for even longer. After much prayer God has confirmed this is where He wants me.

The latest flooding didn't seal my decision, my decision was already made, but God has reconfirmed through this and the burden that this has been on heart that this is where my calling is at the moment. Oh, how I long to be there, to be enduring this with them. However, I must finish this semester of schooling before I can leave, so for now I will wait patiently and continue to move foward in confidance that this is where God is leading and that He will never leave nor forsake me as I go. He is in control of all things, to Him be the Glory forever and ever.

2 comments:

Kasie Ralston said...

Brittany, please send me an email directly at kasieralston@aol.com

Thinking of You!

Katie Curry said...

Oh Brittany this is so exciting!!! I will be sad not to see your beautiful face every week at church but it is all good because you will be out serving such a mighty and awesome God :) I will continue to pray for you and your ministry there!!