Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Funny little lessons along the way...



I know it's been way too long since my last post, nothing too big, but here are just a few little interesting lessons I'm learning along this journey.

~ Bathing extremely ticklish kids is extremely difficult.

~ It melts my heart when a certain little one has to get out of bed and come to me with arms open saying 'Kiss...' and then starts back only to come back within a few steps with... 'Oh... and hug. Hug..'. <3

~ The list of words that have had to be added to my predictive text dictionary on my phone is amusing. The words my phone never thought I would need that have been added included, among others: seizure, fecalasis, er, colostomy, dengue, hep-lock, intubation, nebulize, many medications and of course... Starbucks.

~ Listening to little ones start to grasp and use language is precious and gives me so much comic relief.

~ The absolute worst place to sit on a bus in Manila, the seat by the window directly behind the driver's seat (which is considerably lower than the rider's seat), allowing you to feel as if you are driving the huge bus in horrible traffic with no control.

~ 3 year olds give among the strongest hugs I've ever had.

~ Mango shakes should be a regular part of any diet.

~ I'm discovering how therapeutic sitting and throwing/dropping marbles down an empty closed stairwell can be, as well as a very good bonding experience.



More to come later if more come to mind. But that's about it for now.

~ To God Be the Glory!!

2 comments:

yellowgirl said...

glad you're back. i've been praying for you. =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie,

I have to agree with Yellowgirl...glad you're back! (and I always pray for you).

This blog update is precious, priceless and very thought and prayer provoking, thank you for sharing!

Love you tons <3
Momma