Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wrapping things up...

I've spent the last 3 1/2 weeks back in my hometown in the USA. It's been a needed rest. However, in a few hours I'll be on my way again, back to the place God has called me, back to my home, as much of an earthly home as I'll ever have.

People always ask the same questions: Don't you wish you had more time? Are you sad to be leaving again?

And the answer is never as easily breathed as the question itself. For I've come to find that no matter where I go in this whole world, I will always be missing someone. I will never be 'still' and 'done'. There will never be a moment when I will have everything and will want to just stay there forever. That is not who God has called me to be. He has called me to follow Him and in that He has interwoven my heart with those in many different places, many different lands. As nice as this break was, it is just that, a break, a bit of relaxation. I don't go back to "get it out of my system" and I will never finally be "done".

And because this is what God has called me to and because He has become my passion...I have suitcases packed waiting by the door and tomorrow I will again be on my way.

~ To God Be the Glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you much Brit ... will be praying for a safe and calm trip. It was wonderful seeing you - and no matter where God leads you, you will always be our Brit and we'll always love you and support your decisions. We'll all still long to see your smile more often but we know you're in God's hands and He will be glorified through your work.

Love you,

Jim and Mindy

Rhyan said...

I know the feeling, girl. Guess we are just have too much extra love for just one country! ;)