Thursday, June 26, 2008

Working out with "Daddio"

So I've discovered a new favorite hobby: working out with my dad. This past week we've been meeting up at the local YMCA in the mornings when I get off of work, which is at 5:30 AM. I know some people are reading this and thinking: wow! not my idea of fun! But I absolutely LOVE it! Ecspecially since this has become a very treasured "Daddy-Daughter" time for us! We warm up on the treadmills, and then work out with the free weights and get to talk to the whole time while working out and getting in shape together, (or in his case simply staying in shape)! And I love the feeling that when I'm lifting bigger weights that my dad is standing right there supporting me and making sure I don't drop it or hurt myself; I love that secure feeling!


Over the years, I've come to realize how incredibly blessed I am to have such a Godly father! I love when we spend time together, and God simply stops you in your tracks and says, Hey! look over there, that's your dad and he's a pretty amazing guy! Be thankful! I'm blessed beyond measure when it comes to my family! And I'm becoming all the more thankful for the time I get to spend with them!!


But yes, I have a new fav. hobby: working out with my dad!

No comments: