Monday, December 13, 2010

A new type of Christmas time!

Wow.. so the Christmas season is here!!!! Well, actually its been here in the Philippines for a while, Christmas songs and celebration starts as early as September 1 here... but oh how close we are now!!!

I'm getting used to the 'new feel' of Christmas.. the days of bundling up with cute scarves and gloves are far from me now for the time being... now come the new days of walking in the scorching bright sun to the grocery store on the corner for some cool refreshment. I was walking yesterday and in my head there is still so much clashing with the idea of Christmas time and the feeling of summer heat.

The songs that I grew up on being normal.. like White Christmas, Jingle Bells (talking about a sleigh in the snow), Let it Snow... all those.. are doing an excellent job of just putting a little smile on my face, as I giggle at the irony.. the thought of a white snowy Christmas here in Quezon City??? ... I don't think so. But.. back in Shep.. that's definately a possibility.. since they are already having snow days. Oh, how I miss the cold. I loved getting all bundled up, loved the pretty scarves, and pulling the gloves over my frozen fingers... but now I'm enjoying wearing a cute dress on Sundays, wearing short-sleeved shirts to do my Christmas shopping, and being able to walk down the street at any time because of lovely heat and sunshine overhead.

However, it simply goes to remind me, that no matter what your circumstances are, cold or hot, snow or sweat, that Christmas is still Christmas for only one reason. It is the time of year that we celebrate the mighty love of our Creator for us, by His sending His son Jesus to be born into this world. He came to simply give all, so that we might have life.

What a scarifice...for our simple human lives.

So, I pray that this Christmas season, you'll enjoy the blessings in your life that God has given you, but never forget the reason we celebrate. May we spend this time together worshipping our Creator and Savior and giving Him all the Glory.

~ To God Be the Glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Britt,
I loved your blog...smiled as you described your memories of a cold Christmas and your delights of a new temperature feeling for Christmas. And rejoiced at the reminder you gave that Jesus is the Reason for the Season; and we are the reason that HE gave His life! We celebrate His Birth at Christmas to be able to stand in awe of His unselfish gift of LIFE He gave through his death, burial and resurection that we celebrate at Easter...for those that will put their faith and trust in Him.

My prayer is that we won't lose sight of that during the Christmas season. Thanks again for reminding us.

We miss having you here with us as we celebrate in this blustery cold weather, but are thankful for the example of obedience that you are to all of us, and the love you have for our Lord and Saviour is so evident in your life. We hope you have a Merry Christmas in your warm, hot sunshine!

Love you lots!
Momma, Daddio & Bubs

Jason Coobs said...

Wow Brittany! I cannot tell how how much of an encouragement (and Challenge) it is to see how God is using you and where He is taking you! It's humbling and encouraging to see all that is going on in your life. I've enjoyed briefly catching up on your blog and look forward to taking some more time to read all that God is doing.

It's crazy to think back to the little missions trips we went on to Venezuela and how that was the beginning of a love and calling that God was crafting in your heart. I'm so proud of you!

Know that Jenny and I are praying for you and the next time that you are back in the states we want to get together and hear all about it!

God Bless!