Saturday, July 9, 2011

At the end of my rope...


It's nearly midnight... 4 minutes away to be exact. I'm laying down to sleep and talking to my Heavenly Father, and I find myself praying, Thank You LORD for this day. This wonderful day of rest... but LORD I realize that even on the days that are easy and refreshing that I'm always at the end of my rope, needing to rely constantly on You in the good and bad...

And at that point, I stopped and opened my laptop.


the end of my rope

The end of my rope.
I've heard that expression my whole life, we use it often, but.. what do it mean? What do we mean when we say we are at the end of our rope?

What does it mean to be at the end of my rope? Does it mean I've gone as far as I can go? Does it mean I have nothing left to give? Does it mean I can't do it any more?

I think so.

And I know, that tonight I'm making the decision:







I'm letting go of my rope completely.


Because I can't give anything more. I have nothing left to offer. Because I can't do it anymore... I'm letting go. Letting go of MY rope completely.




Here's to free-falling into the arms of GRACE!



Ya ready to jump with me???



~ To God Be the Glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW~~~Shouldn't we all always be at the end of OUR rope and relying completely on the grace that God bestows upon us?

Thanks again, sweet girl, for reminding me to rely and trust fully on God....let's let go of our ropes!

Love you,
Momma

Rosie said...

dxxxxxxxddddsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssqt2 fhyyhhhhhjyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
sorry, that was written by my cat molly, thought i'd leave it to cheer you up...

regarding the end of the rope...

perhaps it would be easier if we began ministry that way...with nothing of ourselves and all of Him.

suggestion: read "practicing the presence of God' by brother lawrence. it's relaxing and brings the heart to rest.