Thursday, July 7, 2011

Elizabeth Elliot wrote about Satan trying to cause us to doubt... "I know of no more steadying hope on which to focus my mind when circumstances tempt me to wonder why God doesn't 'do something.' He is always doing something-the vey best thing, the thing we ourselves would certainly choose if we knew the end from the beginning. He is at work to bring us to our full glory."

I had someone tell me recently after God spoke this word to them, 'God has a plan for your life and it is the best, the very best.' These words came not days but hours after a specific journal entry/prayer. God was so clear in sending this person to tell me in an audible voice what I was stubbornly not trusting myself enough to hear for myself.

Yet, Satan does not give up.

As Christians, we are not called once and once alone, done forever after that initial choice to follow Christ. That choice is only the beginning of a life full of fighting, a life full of battle, a life of being watched. Fighting the never ending temptations that try to knock us down and far from God. Battling against Satan and his demons that are oh so real and oh so powerful, but God (such sweet words) is bigger and we as His children are called as warriors against the enemy. All of this while constantly being watched by those around us, seeking to see the difference, if any, that Christ has made in our lives.

Even when things are upside down. Even when I don't have the slightest clue as to what God is doing. Even when I don't know what to say or do next. I have to trust him. In the midst of the dark, I must trust that He sees the way.

~ To God Be the Glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you sweetie! I'm so proud of you for seeking God's will in everything you do ... even through the difficult times when it seems easier to just go with the world. Keep the faith, stay strong and know that we love you, miss you and are praying for you.

Jim and Mindy

The Mama said...

I can sure identify with that!! I think of the song "Praise You in This Storm". Keep speaking the truth girl (;