Thursday, March 1, 2012

2 years


2 years... my oh my how things change... and oh how they stay the same.

2 years ago.. I was in the biggest whirlwind of my life. I had just met my little girl, and as quickly as I met her, I said goodbye to her. It was almost in the same breath that I said my teary goodbye to my baby girl and my bright hello to the Philippines as my home.

Now 2 years later, I feel like yet again I'm in a midst of a whirlwind. About to finish my first semester of college... again. My second 'first semester' .. Once again I'm learning this new life, this new routine. Once again I'm trying to find a new normal. And the truth is... I don't want this new reality. I liked my before normal when I completely exhausted from temper tantrums, outings to the park, having outreach in the scorching sun... I loved that! THAT was what I was called to do. Now.. I'm exhausted because I'm studying for tests and adding final touches to presentations and finishing assignments. I'm doing this now.. so that I can go back to that later.

It's a hard thing to adjust to and to come to terms with.. I had to stop what I was doing and go to school...so.. that in 4 years and a degree later.. I can go back to doing exactly what I WAS doing,.. what I love! As strange as a reality as that is.. it is my reality.

My oh my.. I could have never planned this to be my reality 2 years ago. But the very powerful lessons I learned 2 years ago.. are still in effect today. Just as it was only God who was in control then... so it now also only He who holds control. Just as He held me then, so He's still here with me. Just as He was all I had to lean on then, even more so now, He is all I have to lean on. He is the only One to whom I can run.


November 10, 2009 - February 28, 2010
PS ~ I LOVE YOU



~ To God Be the Glory!

1 comment:

yellowgirl said...

remembering little Pamela. seeing her in Jesus' arms, growing up in heaven.