Monday, May 28, 2012

A couple weeks ago, I got up, and acted like it was any other day.  I intentionally kept myself busy during the day, and then that night, went out to a movie with Jordan...I intentionally acted as if it was not Mother's Day.  Because I didn't want to dwell any more than normal on not being with my mother on yet another special day, and I didn't want to think about how much longer it would be till I saw her again.. so I just didn't.  Mother's Day just didn't really happen in my mind. (Of course I still wished her Happy Mother's Day on fbook... I'm not that horrible of a daughter ya'll.  :) ).

Another reason I didn't want to dwell on the fact that it was mother's day, was because I knew that soon enough I'd be in the position I'm in tonight.... dwelling on the fact that in a few more sleeps, I'll be on my way to pick up my mother!  (And that my dear friends has me just about over the moon excited!!! )

And I realize... that's why I'm here.

Because I know how it feels to have someone in my corner constantly who loves me unconditionally.  My family has been the utter example of unconditional love... and it is all because Christ first loved them and first showed them what love is.

And that's why I'm here, because I know that feeling because since I was little I was shown that love by my family before I could understand the love that I now know from my Heavenly Father.

And that's my mission, to be His hands and SHOW what that unconditional love is, so that one day they can understand a much greater mightier love from the One, the One who is the only thing that matter in this world, the One that saved my soul from death, the One that whispered that His mission for my life was to go.

No comments: