Monday, June 17, 2013

Memories

As I re-adjust back to life on this side of the world, often times someone will say something or I'll see something and a flood of memories come back to me from the past 4 years.  And every time I savor that memory.  I let it run its course and for a split second, I'm back.

These are the memories I don't want to lose.  They are not big or fancy or detailed, but they were my life. So I'm going to start writing and posting them, just as a way of documenting and remembering them.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm at the end of the day.  I have 11 toddlers still tossing and turning and finding that 'just right' spot in their bed.  Some are not ready to sleep, but ready to talk or play.  But all are really exhausted, wether they are ready to admit it or not.  I have chores to finish up on, some cleaning, tidying up the room, putting away clean laundry, etc., and knowing their need for rest, I sing.  I sing the song I've sang for many months now.  The song that soothes and comforts while speaking truth. 


Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.


T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.


Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.


The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.


When we've been here ten thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.


Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.



I open my eyes and my mental story time has come to a close.  I'm surrounded not by little beds, but rows of chairs.  No longer in a foreign land, but a KY sanctuary.  'Amazing Grace' has been sung, as is the tradition after taking the Lord's Supper, and with it's end, the congregation is dismissed.

~ To God Be the Glory!

No comments: