Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodnight 2013.

A conversation from earlier (after my grandmother and I were saying goodbye and discussing ''Happy New Year''s):

Grandma: Happy New Year.. It has to be better than 2013. 

Me: Has to be. 

Such true words.  Not sure I've ever had a harder year than 2013.  So much change, so much grief and mourning, so much 'valley-ness'.  

The storm is only for a season they say, but some storms leave trauma and permanent scars.  Scars that, no matter how much time passes, refuse to heal.
~~~

It is almost 9:30 PM on December 31, 2013 and for the last 1 1/2 hours I've suddenly hated that tonight is the night I have to stay awake till midnight.  And just now I have made the decision ... I'm going to bed.

I normally love staying up bringing the new year in, a little sentimentally to be honest.  Normally I don't think about the past year being good or bad, but just over too soon.  Not this year.  This year I am not staying up to see the year out.  I'm not welcoming in the new year.  I'm simply going to sleep and going to wake in 2014.

Because it has to be better than 2013.



Goodnight 2013, Happy New Year Everyone!

~ To God Be the Glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must agree with you, even though I never contemplated staying up till even with all my sentimentalities! A lot has transpired in 2013 and we will hold these things in our memories and thank God for his faithfulness; and we will continue to trust Him and know that he holds 2014 in His hands!

I love you and look forward to a new year with you close in my heart (and in our home)!!!
Momma

Anonymous said...

Someone posted this verse on Facebook as their verse welcoming the new year. I hope it encourages you to press onward and look ahead. I also hope you have a great year with many blessings.

Philippians 3:13-14

13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Chelsey