Saturday, March 7, 2009

Going through the fire and the valleys



Wow... this week has been a roller coaster ride! The Lord has been giving me such a deeper meaning to the phrase, 'relying on Christ and trusting in His plan and that He is in control.' The Lord is also teaching me the speechless unjustifiable peace that He brings in the midst of roller coaster rides. In the past, when I've faced hard times, and when I feel out of control of my life as I have this week I emotionally shut down, trying to avoid feeling the hurt and pain. I shut down, close up, and turn inside to myself. I look to my own comforting/security techniques to get me through. My 'way of dealing' with things means getting furiously mad and shutting down. However, I realize that I wasn't dealing with anything and I especially wasn't glorifying God when doing that.


So this week has been the first time I can remember when I've felt totally out of control of my life, and have been trying to go about dealing with this in a God-honoring way. I felt/feel that I have no clue where God is taking me. However, I realize that I can't turn to me anymore... I now must turn to Christ; to trust Him to take care of me and to get me through; to ask Him for peace as I endure and go through these hard times and not run from them; to realize that I'm not in control, but that He is; to Glorify and Worship Christ even when I'm scared.


This new way of dealing with things is so nerve-wrecking for me (being that it's all-new... which adds more stress), but I must move forward with Christ and continue to worship Him. And as this week comes to close, I'm so grateful for the peace, comfort and courage that the Lord has oh so graciously lavished upon me, giving me the strength and boldness to push ahead! Glory be to our Great Glorious GOD!!!

No comments: