Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What a day!

So this afternoon I went and had my wisdom teeth cut out... Not FUN! I was a little nervous, but overall I sruprised myself with how calm I was. I was put under, which was a great plus and relief and woke up not able to close my mouth due to all the gauz. I was still a little woozy from the drugs, so I had to have mom help me out to the car... but other than that I'm pretty sure I was pretty sober after everything and didn't do anything too silly. However, something from the surgery, either the anestethia, the pain meds, or the bleeding, made me sick...very sick. At one point we thought we were going to have to go the ER when after getting sick and putting gauz in my mouth again, my pain on one side spiked to the point I was violently shacking. We think a corner of the gauz got caught and was going into one of my holes, because shortly after we took it out and rearranged a new piece of gauz, the pain was a little better to handle and I was able to stop shaking.

So with all of this going on, shortly after we got home, we got a call from my grandfather. He has been undergoing chemo lately and had a scan today to check the progress after everything. He is to get the ressults of this scan next Monday, but the doctors were able to catch something else. The doctors called my Grampa and told him that they found that he has a blood clot that was heading to the lungs. They told him to go to the hospital ER, and that the hospital would be expecting them.

So as I head to bed tonight, I would like to ask everyone to pray for my grampa and for our family. My mom especially has had a lot to deal with today, from sick kid to sick dad...it's been a tad overwhelming but the Lord got us all through it and it turns out that my grampa will possibly be coming home in a couple days.

How grateful I am to the Lord for His amazing grace and presence in my life and for giving me such a great family. My mother and even my brother took great care of me today, even in the midst of this physical pain, I feel so blessed and grateful!

1 comment:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Hope you feel better. Wisdom teeth are NO fun. I am praying for you and your family!