Sunday, May 17, 2009

16 DAYS!!!

So as most of you know, I will be spending my summer in the Philippines working in an orphanage... and it's coming quick! I now leave in only 16 days!!!! I'm soo very excited, but am also understanding how big this trip is going to be. Yesterday I learned alot about the exact orphanage I'll be working in, called Gentle Hands. Most of the children I'll be working with are special needs, much due to neglect and abuse. There are some with physical disabilities as well. I was able to go to the website, gentlehands.org and was able to view all of the children and read a little about their story. Just seeing them broke my heart, I don't know how I'll be able to come home after two months. But I'm getting very excited and ready to go! Hopefully I'll be able to keep up blogging while I'm there, as I expect to have internet access at least once a week.

No comments: