Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The SUN!!!

Wow!! The past month has a been another roller coaster in life it seems... but I'm so thankful that the Lord has brought me to a point such as this. I look back on everything that I was worrying about and the Lord has been faithful to answer prayers and offer hope for the future. About a month ago, I was counting down the days till I would be leaving... counting the days till I could escape from everything. Thankfully, I no longer see this mission trip as escaping anything, I see this where God wants me and He was gracious enough to open my eyes to see that. He parted the clouds of the storm(s) I was going through and now the sun seems to be shining bright! I was having some issues with a dear friend of mine, but the Lord has brought us through that and now our future looks brighter than ever and my heart is as peace. My grampa has gotten wonderful test ressults back and it seems that he is cancer-free at the moment. I've gotten to know a girl I will be spending my summer with and am looking foward to the friendship the Lord is already starting to plant there. The past week was spent hanging out with my friends and family, people the Lord has so abundantly graciously blessed me with! The sun is shining bright!

Let me be clear about one thing though, I'm not anymore in love with my Savior or anymore 'pleased' with Him... that is definately NOT the case! I'm in love with my Savior storm or shine. I rely wholly and entirely upon Him mountain or valley. I praise Him in every situation and give thanks constantly for I am always blessed beyond measure simply by the Christ's death on the cross for my sins, giving me eternal life with God. Every breath beyond that is a blessing that I don't deserve. So please don't misunderstand, my joy is not found in the sunny weather of my life, I'm just sharing that the sun is shining very bright right now.

No comments: