Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A new step..

Here I am this morning.. in my.. no our new room. Within a week, we suddenly have a girls group. 5 girls living in the room that was pretty cozy with just the three of us wasn't working out.. so we all moved around. Guys moved to the other end of the hall, we moved next door to their room.. and after waking up and getting an early start yesterday, working till dinner, then right after dinner heading out to pick up some final things for the room.. we are settled this morning. I have to admit, I was a little.. ok .. completely stressed out about moving, and though the new room is bigger, it had less storage space/shelves etc. So, I was just about to lost it when Eddy brought in a book shelf (about 6 or 7 shelves) .. OH YES!! We were looking at where to put it.. and I caught his eye, looking at the shelves then up to the space above my bed (my top-bunk bed might I add)... 'You're not really... are you??' Then I saw it, the look in his eyes, that does NOT say 'No I'm only joking' but the look that says 'Yes, I'm actually serious abut this crazy idea'. My response, 'oooh....oook.' But.. I pointed out.. the shelf is really tall.. and its a bunk bed.. that's not going to work. But, I should have known, there was a solution... my bed is wonderful and 1/2 the book shelf above the head of my bed and the other 1/2 at the wall at the foot of my bed... yes.. the solution.. simply cut the shelf in 1/2. It shortens it.. and makes more storage in 2 different areas. I have to admit I was a little skeptical, though I trusted in what the the 2 kuyas were doing...but in the end.. I love it!

Monday night, we began our nightly girls' devotions. I'm so excited to see what God is going to do, He is definitely up to something... one of those things is He's calling me forward to be a leader. Something that at first scared the heck out of me.. but an excellent case of when He calls you to something, He will prepare you for that. He has been simply using my mouth to speak, we start devotions and I only know a little about where it will go, but God takes over and it is wonderful!! He is teaching me so much, as I have so much to learn in this area.

The second thing He is teaching me.. is faith... FAITH. I'm not talking about 'Oh yea, I have faith, I believe in Jesus' I'm talking about 'Hey mountain MOVE' faith that will pick up a mountain and MOVE it. I'm talking about the kind of FAITH with which NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE. I'm talking about the radical crazy sometimes scary faith that we are all called to, but so so so few of us actually live out.

Do I have that faith?? Quick answer... I'm getting there. I'm not going to say I don't.. I won't speak that into being.. but I'm also not going to say I'm so proud of my faith... because I'm not there yet either, but I am starting down a new road, a road of trusting GOD with EVERYTHING. Not only in words, but in actions. Living in a way that if God doesn't come through... WE ARE IN TROUBLE! Living in a way that we rely on GOD every step of the way just to live!

I've been reading in my quiet time on faith, and the other day God brought me to Matthew. I was reading in Matthew 17 and it talks of when Jesus called out the demons in the boy, who was originally brought to the disciples, but they could not heal him. When they later asked why, His response in verse 20 was, "Because of your little faith. For truly I say to you, if you faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you'."

DID YOU CATCH THAT!??!?!

Jesus told us, that with just this little bit of faith NOTHING WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU! In the notes in my bible, it added that sometimes verse 21 is included in some transcripts with ''But this kind never comes out except by prayer and fasting". We pray in faith, but fasting is also our petition to Christ. We won't fast, if we don't expect God to see it and act. We fast in FAITH, just as we pray.

So, I was reading on... and Matthew 18, and in verse 19 Jesus says this, "Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven."

WOW!! ANYTHING they ask!!

That means Christians... let's pray! And not just mumble a few words in hope.. but pray boldly in FAITH asking our God and FATHER to answer and MOVE! Let's ask Him to move.

Currently at GH, we are praying boldly for God to move and build this building. We are in the final stages of our building project, but have hit some obstacles financially... so what are we doing. We are praying in faith, trusting that God will see to completion what HE started and in the time that it needs to be done, so that the teams coming soon will be in the new building. To most people who see the building.. that is CRAZY! But... we are moving forward in FAITH, no back up plans, just FAITH!

Please join us in praying in faith that GOD would build this building and have it completed by the time the first team comes.

But.. Christians, let's not stop there. Think of all the mountains that God would move if we all joined together in bold radical prayers of FAITH! What if.. just what if... we all joined together in BOLD RADICAL prayers of FAITH... for the orphan???

OH. MY. Can you imagine the mountains that God would move... Christians, I'm taking this next line from another blogger friend, Linny, God's heart is for the orphan. He wants to and will move. But some things require prayer and fasting. again... BOLD RADICAL MOUNTAIN-MOVING FAITH FILLED PRAYER!!

What if we joined together in BOLD RADICAL MOUNTAIN-MOVING FAITH FILLED PRAYER for... food for the poor???

What if we joined together in BOLD RADICAL MOUNTAIN-MOVING FAITH FILLED PRAYER for... healing???

What if we joined together in BOLD RADICAL MOUNTAIN-MOVING FAITH FILLED PRAYER for... the lost???

Oh Christians, the time for mumbling a few half-hearted words is over! We are called to faith, so let us join together in this new time of BOLD RADICAL MOUNTAIN-MOVING FAITH FILLED PRAYER.

LET'S WATCH GOD MOVE MOUNTAINS!!

Get ready.. it's going to be AWESOME!!!

~ To God Be the Glory!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Britt,

WOW! You have put forth a challenge! Or, more accurately, God has used you to challenge us all-to pray...Mountain-moving, faith-filled prayer! It is exciting and encouraging to me, to see and hear the excitement you have and have so effectively conveyed through your blog!

I'm excited for you and the girls as you all are growing in and through your devotion time each evening! Also thankful for the guys willing to move rooms to give you girls more space, too. And, Eddie's cleaverness, that must be a God thing, too! (can't wait for picturs of the new room!)

Anxiously awaiting with you the results of what happens when God's people pray! Thank you, sweetheart, for your obedience, willingness to be used, and for the challenge you have placed before us! God is good!

To God be the Glory!

Love you tons,
Momma