Monday, April 4, 2011

today

Ok.. so wow.. where to start... my heart has had fights today. I've had to stand my ground and be firm, but my heart has also been melted today. But my heart has also been struck today. Stubbornness. Warmth. Pain. Three drastically different emotions.. make for an interesting day...

During my shift, I had one of those epic 'Battles of the Wills' with M. Thankfully, A, an older child, was helping me out, so that I could focus on the 'battle' at hand. I'm glad to say that by the end of the night, we did end on a good note, but... a battle is still a battle, and in the midst of it.. it is long and you have to put your gameface on. Stubbornness.

My battle was however interrupted quite a few times, twice being pretty big incidents... regarding Rona. Poor sneaky, stubborn thing...needless to say, she ended up in a heap of trouble. So later, at bedtime, the lights are out, the night lights are on and I crawl into Rona's bed and lay beside her to get her temperature and I can feel the stubbornness still there, as I'm prepared to meet a mad little hornet, instead two of the sweetest eyes, look deep into mine and with a sigh and slowed intention speech, I'm met with a

"I love you Ate Bitnay"

I melt. Warmth.

I whisper back to her that I love her so very much as well, as she gives me one of those sweet kisses that are worth so much more than any amount of money.

I'm singing to them a little later, waiting for them to finally settle from an unusually hyper night, and just as the chatter is dying down, I hear a high-pitched little voice, " Hello guys!! Hello guys!!" over and over.. none other than the usually "I'm-not-going-to-say-actual-words" Abegail, with the pillow over her head, squealing greetings to her friends... ok Abegail.. it's time to sleep now. Then.. a little later.. "Ow...Ow...Ow. Ow. Ow." My head whips up... only to see Jonalyn playing with her eyelids via her eyelashes...seeing how far she can pull them out... (I'm actually giggling remembering tonight)

Then... the pain... came in realizations at the end of the day, when I was able to reflect on the day. Some things, that I can't go into detail at this time, came about today, that will drastically affect those that I love here. With that being said, as always, we appreciate your prayers! Please don't stop! We know our God is able to move mountains, let's ask Him to move!

~ To God Be the Glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany,

I LOVE reading your blog!

As I read this post, I couldn't help but take a little trip down memory lane...! I remember a little girl that I had a few 'battle of the wills' with...oh my a couple of scenes that come to mind! And the chitter-chatter at bedtime (or even naptime)...you and your brother liked to talk at bedtime, whether you were at home, grandma's, or cousins!!!! And yes, I'm smiling as I think back to what seems almost like yesterday!

I don't know what mountains need to be moved, but I know you and people you love are being affected; and for that reason my heart aches for you and for them! I don't know what the mountains are, but God does! I don't know what the mountains are or why they need to be moved, but I know that we love, serve and worship a God that is big enough to move them, in accoradance to His will!

I love you all and I'm praying that God will move mountains in ways that only He can, that will bring much honor and glory unto Himself!

Love you tons!
Momma

Our Family for His Glory said...

What a joy to read a bit of your journey... you are being used by God in amazing ways!
Blessings,
Jessica (found you through the blog party)