Sunday, February 17, 2013

No comparison.

This post has been written in my heart for a long time, I finally posted it.  

Once before I came to this same ocean, I held a precious little hand in mine.  A big wave came and tried to claim both ring from my finger and small hand from my hand.  The ring, though treasured, was of no comparison to the hand.  I held the hand firm.  I never saw the ring again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was foolish.

You were abusive.

I refused to see.

You refused to stay.

I had invested too much into our hands.

And now, the time has come,

It's time to choose,

and really there's no comparison.

Today I went back to those waters, and again I made a choice.

I am holding firm to myself.

I am holding firm to the life that God has called me to.

I am holding firm to my calling.

I am holding firm for I know I am His Bethia.

I am holding firm to me.

My heart holds firm to who He made me to be; and my heart shall never see you again.



I hold no ill-will to you, but I will also never wonder after you.
You are free to live your life, without any interference from I.
And I am free, free to fully chase after the life He has called me to.
I have let you go, never to see you again.
I let you go, so that I might run to Him.

No comments: