Friday, March 19, 2010

God is still God, I still have reason to Sing

So yesterday, two girls that were very special to me left GH. Aveline, the little girl I worked with all summer on my first trip, the little girl that I absolutely fell in love with and her little sister Amy went home with their foster family. While this is definately a good thing for the girls, as this family is a very sweet Christian family, it was still very difficult for me to say bye to these girls that I have come to deeply love!
Knowing that they would be leaving soon, I wanted to do something special with Aveline. So about a week ago, me and Aveline had a dinner date to McDonald's!!

Getting ready to go!

Eating!

Drinking her water like a big girl!

Seriously... stop taking pictures Ate!!

Then the other day, I returned home after doing some late errands to find my boys and some of the other kids sleeping out on the deck, I went out just to look at them and check on them and this was what I found...


So as I was sitting there watching them sleep.. I noticed something... not everyone's here! Where's Em?? and Where's Patrick???? Hmm... Where could they be??

So after a bit.. this is what I find..


Hmm... that looks like a barricade of sorts... hmm.. what's behind the barricade???


It's EM!!! Em fast asleep behind his little self-made prison! HAHA!
But I'm still missing one... Where's Patrick??? I turn and look around and what do I see....






PATRICK!
Yes, Patrick fell asleep in a box!!! He was out, sound asleep in his box of a bed!









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany,

I'm glad you had a dinner date with Aveline! (And thanks for taking pictures to share!)


It sounds like GH is never a boring place to be...these boys seem to be so fun-loving, creative, loving to have fun boys...just boys being boys!!!

All you've written about are memories that will last a lifetime, thanks again for sharing. I'm so thankful God is blessing you as you bless others!

I love you!
Momma

N.E. said...

As always, your pictures and blog entries tell a beautiful story! Even in the simple things like a meal at "MacDoc" or naps for all the big kids, I can see the hand of Christ making provisions for "the least of these". I love your blog, Brittany! Keep it up! It reminds me to pray for you and the kids at GH, even on a busy morning like this one.
For His Fame,
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Hey Brit hope all is well. We are having a nice day today it is in the 80's. Your Blogspot is a blessing and when you come home or you can even start at that home but you should write a book. Your very good and love to hear from you more but I understand. You are in my thoughts and prays.