Friday, March 26, 2010

Simply a Child of God

For Crazy Love (please read the blog A Place Called Simplicity)
So... here's my story. For those of you who don't know it, here it is. I was born and raised in a Christian family with wonderful Godly parents, the kind that actually love God and seek His will for our lives and taught me the same. My parents always instilled in me that tithing was something that wasn't a question. It was commanded of us, and we give it and above it if we can. God gave his life for us, we are not to be selfish with what He has graciously blessed us in abundance with. I was raised under the teachings and mentors of the wonderful Bullitt Lick Baptist Church. At the age of 8 I became a Christian and at the age of 13, I went with BLBC to Venezuela on my frist every international mission trip. At 14, I knew God was calling me to international missions.

My first trip to the Philippines was June and July of 2009, at age 19, through the International Mission Board to work in Gentle Hands, a special needs orphanage. I fell in love with a country, a people, with the new life that God was calling me to. I returned changed forever...and knowing that I wasn't called to the US anymore, there was a calling to a new place upon my life. I returned to the Philippines in December 2009, after only 4 1/2 months back in the US. I returned home. The days are long, the days are hard, the days are filled with life and death. We do outreach in a local squatter area, where we have rescued several abused and/or neglected children that would've died of starvation without our help. I've held children that we thought were going to die, and have seen the miraculous healing hand of our Great God work. I've also held children that God healed and took away their pain by taking them to be with Him in Heaven. Part of me would like to say, I've seen it all... but I know I haven't. I know this is only the beginning. I know there is much more for me to see, to do, to learn here. So much more that God is going to reveal to, in, and through me.

There are things that I'm unsure of, such as means and supports and details, but that's when I just have to trust God. Trust that He has brought me to this life and He will see me through this life, until I can be joined with Him for eternity.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about me, my life, my ministry, etc. My email is lilbritt247@yahoo.com.

~To God Be the Glory!

5 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

your pamela was just gorgeous and i am sure she looks beautiful in the arms of jesus.

sounds like you are an amazing lady! i will say a prayer for you when ever you pop into my head.

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

Your story is amazing... I just want to encourage you to keep hanging in there!

Lori in KY said...

What a blessing to read your post! I'm so proud of you (does that sound crazy since I only know you through Linny's blog?) :) I can't wait to read more of your blog. Your precious Pamela might be friends up in heaven with my own sweet Katy Lu. God bless you and the work you're doing in the place God has given as your mission field.

Anonymous said...

Brittany,
I don't get to comment much but you are always in our prayers. Your photos are the only ones left on our bare frig!! We pray for your ministry in the Philippines and whereever God leads you next. God is good All the time!
Love you, The Pressley's

denie heppner said...

rawk on, brittany...thank goodness you're here. what would Gentle Hands be without "Ate Brittany"???