Monday, October 25, 2010

Oh how I love it!



I just wanted to share a quick post for those of you who have been waiting for an update....I'm here!! Back in Manila!!! I love Love LOVE IT!!! My toddlers have been quite sick since I last saw them, most of them had a nasty run-in with the measles, but they are ever so beautiful!! A couple of them had been much sicker than others and the exhausted personality lingered as they are still recovering, but I tell you the LORD is good, He is soo good!! 2 months is a LONG time for a little one, so it took a little while for some of the them to warm up to me again, but we are making wonderful progress. Little R is doing extremely well! I was so surprised to see how outgoing and vibrant she is, learning to move from jibber jabber to words now, so active, and always alerting you when someone is up to trouble...except, of course, when it is she who is getting into the trouble. HA! J looked completely different to me, oh how I felt horrible to be away from her and the others while they were sick, not that my being here could've really helped in any way, aside from just holding them and loving on them. As every parent knows, kids get sick, its just the way life goes. J made my heart sink... oh but not for long. As her appearance may have changed, she was quick to point out... she's still her silly mischevious self on the inside. One of the biggest shocks was A, oh how I was so eager to see her again... but boy... she was going to have me pay the consequences for being gone so long...she had been the sickest I do believe of them all, and her body being so exhausted just couldn't put all the pieces together... she would stare me down, with her serious somber GRRR stare... and after a day... I finally saw a smile. And again, the LORD has just been so good... because A's appearance had not only changed, but her personality was completely different. As anyone knows, being sick and completely exhausted wipes you out... and it takes a while for you to even begin feeling like yourself again... well... this is A's time! Little by little, I'm seeing more and more of her old self,... that quirky, smily, talkative toddler come back to her little frame!




I could go on and on about all the different children. All changing. All unique. All precious.






But for now I'll leave you with a picture.

As most of you know, pictures do not do sunrises or sunsets justice. This was the sun coming up over Manila this morning...absolutely breathtaking. Even in the midst of the hussle and bussle of the city, the smog and pollution, only intensify the beauty, making God's creation look like something straight from a storybook. Coming up, the start of a new day for this very busy very crowded city.... oh how I LOVE IT!!!

~ To God Be the Glory!

No comments: