Tuesday, November 16, 2010

14

What I remember most about being 14...

I remember coming back from my second mission trip to Venezuela, on the longer plane ride and knowing that God was calling me to a life of full-time missions. I remember with tears in my eyes saying "Ok God... ok..if that's what You want.. ok." I remember telling my family and grandparents...

She might remember that odd white girl that put her arm around her when she heard the news...


I remember coming home from that trip to a new room,... with bright yellow walls, flowers everywhere, blue ceiling with clouds, new decorations, and bright colors everywhere.

She... she will remember nights sleeping on the street.

Me and her.. we had very different lives.. oh but the Lord is in charge of all. It was a calling I answered at the age of 14 that has brought me to cross the path of this 14 year old girl...

We have totally different lives, but now we have one thing in common... we've both said goodbye to our babies this year.

At the young age of 14, this girl became a mother. Living on the street, the family not knowing when she gave birth... she went through it all...alone. The child was left to sleep on the streets, not getting the proper care or nutrition...mostly because a simple lack of knowledge. A child taking care of a child, trying to make it living on the streets.

By the time 3 week old AJ was brought to GH, it was too late, he was too far gone, too dehydrated... he was already on his way to Jesus. He was brought to us around 7 pm ish.. and at 9:51, he went to Jesus.

Now all I can do is put my arm around her... I don't know her...but I feel for her. I feel slightly connected to her. I don't know the language enough to tell her that I'm sorry for the pain she is feeling, that I'm sorry she's having to travel this horrendous road through life...so I just sat, with my arm around her back and listen to what I know is the message that her child has died.

She's 14...I can't imagine.

Oh, LORD, reach to her, comfort her in this dark time of her life. Reveal Yourself to her and draw her close to You, that she might know You as her LORD and Savior. Amen

~ To God Be the Glory!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Britt,
You amaze me! You are so obedient to God and as a result He is using you mightily in so many ways.

I'm so sorry you've experienced such loss, but so thankful that you know that your Loving Heavenly Father has His arms wrapped around you and is giving you strength as you use your hurts to comfort others. My heart aches for you and this 14 year old baby that has just experienced so much grief...praying that God gives you the comfort and peace that only He can give. Praying, too, that He will continue to be glorified in and through you, your ministry and your blog!

To God be the Glory!
Love you,
Momma

Anonymous said...

Brittney,
These children are blessed to have you work, teach, care and love them every day. We will oray for you and your extended family every day so that you can bring them to know our Lord and Savior.
Mary Ann R

Anonymous said...

will pray or oray
Mary Ann