Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

So, to be honest, I've been dreading this day for a while now...Thanksgiving. This is not a normal thing, I'm not Thanksgiving-phobic or anything, but I knew this would be my first thanksgiving not in KY and my first Thanksgiving without my family. I assumed today would be a very long drawn-out and slightly depressing day with a little bit of homesickness on the side....how silly.

So, last night, I was able to chat with my mom, so I'm updated in the loop about most of the things going on in KY. I've been emailing back and forth regularly with my brother and am continually growing closer to him, even with the world in between us. Then, this morning, amazing Ate C, sends Eddie out to get... a TURKEY!!!

That pretty much made my day. Then a couple minutes ago, there was a ring on the telephone... and NiNi (Ate C's mother) might be coming for dinner tonight!

It's looking more and more like Thanksgiving as the day goes on. I'm so thankful for my family that God has blessed me with and so thankful that I have another family here in the Philippines ready to welcome me so that I'm not alone on these new holidays away from home. I'm thankful that I get to go downstairs in a little while and I'll get a ton of hugs from the most precious hearts on the planet!
I'm so thankful today!


Thankful for Godly parents that have and are continually encouraging me in this journey.

Thankful for a wonderful big brother, one of my best friends, whom I'm coming to depend on so very much.

Thankful for the 2 best friends I girl could ask for. Always ready to listen, always with Godly advice.

Thankful for a warm and gracious extended family and church family! They have shown me more encouragement in my journey to follow God than I could have ever expected.

And above all..thankful for a God who loves me! A God who was not pleased to give me the life I would have had for myself, but pushed my plans aside for those of His own... plans much bigger and greater than I could have ever dreamed. I look around and am amazed that He cares that much for me to orchestrate this life for me. I'm so thankful for a Sovereign, Almighty, All-powerful, Healing, Compassionate, Caring, Generous, Creator, Saviour LORD!


~ To God Be the Glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany,
To be honest...I, too, was dreading this day! But God is gracious and merciful and did allow us to "talk" on the day before Thanksgiving. I was so excited to get to talk and get a little caught up with you, too! I'm thankful to be able to read your blog and your f/b wall and to see all of the encouragement you've received from BOTH of your families and ALL of your friends. You are blessed to have so many in your life that love you~~~and WE are blessed to have YOU in our lives. I am thankful that Jesus is walking right alongside all of us as we travel this journey. For you see, as you go and do what God has called you to do; we support you from home and it's not easy to not be going with you.

A dear friend informed me that I was a Missionary Mom (I seriously had not thought about that) and I am so thankful that since our Gracious Father has called me to be a Missionary Mom~~HE will equip me with what I need to fulfill the task! To GOD be the Glory!!!

I love you and missed you tremendously today, but I am so proud of you. I did feel close to you as I shared with family about what you're doing and where you're at. Because of being there with you at GH for our time we had together, I was able to share with so much more heart and make it more personal...!

Again, I am so blessed and honored to be your Momma!

Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We are so thankful for you and how you are taking care of these children that need you so much!!!
Mary Ann and Jeff