Monday, January 10, 2011

2010... Only the start!

2010... My first full-year living out the dream that the LORD gave me when I was 14...

January
Arrived back in Philippines in December 2009.

My first trip to Tagaytay.


Discovered my adventerous side and on a whim, decided to go zip-lining over the mountanous, sea-side, jungle.

I met for the first time the little girl that would change my life forever.

February

Ezekiel is HOME now!

We started our push towards rescuing abandoned babies from hospital nurseries, welcoming 4 abandoned treasures in one day.


I went through the darkest valley that the Lord has brought me to yet, as I watched a precious daughter finish her short life on earth and make her way back to Jesus, and learned firsthand what it means to have the LORD as my Tower of Strength, comfort and peace.

March

Edu is HOME with his siblings!
I had to say goodbye to two precious hearts, one of which was a key instrument the LORD used in focusing my attention on where He was leading.
I started focusing more and working more with the toddlers. God began to hammer down the realization of what HE wanted for my life and what HE was calling me to next!


April
My first summer in the Philippines = extremely HOT... which = pool parties!!
I went to camp for the first time with the youth at Pinyahan Christian Church as a counselor, a wonderful opportunity to get to know both the youth better and also other counselors, my friends the Nehemiah.


May
With May, came the start of the rainy season... with much shouting of joy during the first play in the rain of the season! May also brought several days at the park.
I was able to go to camp again with Pinyahan Christian Church (PCC), for two back-to-back sessions!

Ate Jordan came for a visit!
June
June brought Ate Kyla!
And.. little MJ came with June!


Josiah and Daniel are home!
Also with June was Team Japan and Team TX!
As well as Demo Day... the start of our building project!!

July
July brought sweet time with dear friends.

A refreshing trip to Baguio.

Lots of smiles

August
The last of the rainy season 'Play in the Rains'!
I got to go for a visit to KY!

Got to meet lots of nice nurses while I stayed in the hospital for dengue.
(Sorry.. no pictures for that time.. was a little busy..)

September
Time with Momma, Daddio, and Bub and other family and friends!
Watching Daddio play Fall Flag Football!Celebrated a birthday.
Me and Momma's Traditional Trip to the ZOO!
Cheering on the Louisville Cardinals!
October
I headed back to where my heart was.
And this time Momma came with me!!

Then Daddy came also!

The kids loved finally meeting and getting to know Kuya Dean and Ate Vicky.. or Ate Bicky as they pronounce it!
(Sorry, no pictures at this time, hopefully they will be added later! :) )

November
Kim's HOME!
Lots of outings!
A beautiful bundle of joy... Cesar!

December
Glenda and Balong went home!
Pinyahan Christian Church's 30th Anniversary
Holidays!!
Chirstmas Day!
New Year's Eve



~ To God Be the Glory!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie

I absolutely love, love, love this blog! I couldn't wait to see it, especially after the anticpation you built with us while writing it, (and waiting patiently)~~~it was worth the wait. I really enjoyed seeing your year in review...this should be a challenge to all of us to journal via words and pictures what God had done in our lives over the course of the year we call 2010. AND to eagerly await what He's going to reveal in and through us in 2011.

Thanks again, sweet girl, for your words of encouragement and challenge...!!!

I love you lots!
Momma

N.E. said...

What a great "year in pictures" post!
I had to cry just a little when I saw the pics of Pamela b/c I remembered just how hard that was for you but I definitely got a BIG laugh out of the "monsters" acting crazy and all the children who are now in their forever homes (mine included). I don't even have to wonder why God called you there. It's just amazing to see!

yellowgirl said...

good blog. organized and succinct and wonderful. glad you're here!!!

Anonymous said...

Brittany, Im so thankful to have this blog to read constantly! You have been such a blessing in my life and such a key figure in my walk with the Lord and its so exciting to see you being used there! Those kids are being loved by God himself in a more tangible way than most of us recognize! He loved me through you as well! It was so cool to see the pictures through the year! I cant wait to see what he has in store for you this year! Love you
Tracey :D

The Mama said...

All I can do is smile (=