Friday, January 14, 2011

Happiness and Pain and a Challenge

As most of you fellow bloggers know...there is a miracle going on in the life of Davids, an Latvian orphan that was on the verge of aging out, two weeks away, when the family that was in the process of adopting him pulled out, leaving only 2 weeks for another family to adopt him before he would find himself aged out and out on the streets.. alone. Around the world, people all over joined together and we prayed. We prayed in faith, pleading on behalf of this boy...and now.. Davids family has found him and they are in the process of making it official. You can read his touching story here http://little-did-i-know.blogspot.com/.

Also, this evening I read another update of sorts.. I read of the funeral service for the 9-year old girl that was tragically killed. The article talked of her friends and family reminiscing about the past years and what a joy this little girl was to her family. My heart broke. I can't imagine this pain.. I remember...no.. I know.. my own pain from losing a daughter. I still selfishly mourn for her to be in my arms again. I knew my daughter for one month and she had that big of an effect on me... my oh my.. I can't imagine losing a child of 9 years.

How diverse this world is.. there are so many aspects of humanity...one family is having the change of a lifetime ... and another family is having the change of a lifetime. But oh such different changes.. such different emotions.

My heart leaps for joy at the news of this family coming together. My heart is excited that.. what if we all prayed that fervently for ALL the orphans.. all over the world...WHAT IF??? Again.. Our God is BIG is He not?? So I challenge you today, to start praying for the orphan. Not a simple, "Thank you Lord for this day.. blah blah blah, I pray for this upcoming week at work.. I pray for the orphan... I thank you for my food.. amen." I mean ... really go before our Heavenly Father and beg and plead on behalf of the orphan. Pray for them as if they were YOUR child. As a fellow blogger put it.. Pray for them as if you were their mom or dad... since they have no mom or dad to go and intercede for them.

I obviously have a heart for the orphan, and the Lord has been forming a message in me.. I'm not sure what exactly it will entail, but I've been working and brainstorming a future post about it.. but for now.. let's all pray.. beg.. plead to our Sovereign Heavenly Father for the orphan.

~ To God Be the Glory!

No comments: