Monday, February 14, 2011

A year ago..

Whenever I think this life is getting tough, whenever I feel like its really wearing on me.. I remember.. a year ago today. A year ago today I got the dreaded text, "Hurry up!". I ran home from the hospital, praying with my whole heart for you to hold on.. and hold on you did... You clung to life with all that you had, astonishing us all... you fought with all that you had.

Life seems so easy now. Caring for 9 lives. Potty training 9 toddlers at once, dealing with 9 "Terrible Two's"... it all seems so easy..... compared to this time last year. I don't know how I lived through this time last year..but God brought me through it.

I woke that morning thinking.. I'm spending Valentine's Day in the hospital with a dehydrated baby...the day ended with me laying by your side, holding your cold little hand in one hand.. the other hand over your heart.. waiting for the last beat.

But that was not the time.. that was only the beginning of your final journey to heaven.

~ To God Be the Glory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brittany,

I'm praying that God will continue to be your strength in these days as you remember back to a year ago, each day as you remember what you were doing and the pain you felt then and now. This is a painful anniversary and my heart is heavy with yours. I love you, my dear, and want to take part of your pain!

I love you...tons!
Momma