Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dreams to Reality

The other day I was talking.. well emailing.. with my best friend and she mentioned "I can't believe how our lives have changed in just 3-4 years." And I stopped and thought about it.. and I've been continuing to think about it.


We have our dreams as kids.. as friends we would always talk about the future.. talking about weddings as if they only actually would occur in fairy tales. Children was something we couldn't even fathom.. even in our dreams. That all seemed like a lifetime away.. something that would never actually reach us.. but we dreamed never the less.

I can remember when I first started of dreaming ... about the world. After my first trip to Venezuela dreaming of the kids that I knew were around the world.. my mind could not grasp the numbers of children that were out there.
I remember on that plane ride back from Venezuela when I was 14... at that moment I began dreaming of living out the calling that God had placed on my heart.. living in those places.. so many.. where would I start?

I dreamt of a life that was anything but the 'American Dream'. A life so out of the ordinary that it had to be God.


Yes, Em... we're here... no more dreaming.. the dreams are reality!

~ To God Be the Glory!

1 comment:

yellowgirl said...

isn't it wonderful to be "living the dream"?? blessings...so thankful for you, britt. never give up. "don't grow weary in doing well...for when the season is right you will reap a harvest". don't be weary. Jesus will carry it all.