Tuesday, March 15, 2011

the next step...oi!

This has been my schedule...
Last week.
Trip to take Rommel and August to ear doctor, wait about 5 minutes for a taxi there and then about the same for a taxi back. (5 minutes.. is NOTHING compared to over an hour.. which is what I've waited before)
Thursday
Trip to take Rommel for a hearing test, w/ Rona tagging along for the socialization - jeep to and from
Friday
Trip to take August for hearing test - taxi to and from... then the same day back to the same offices again... another taxi back and forth. (much more waiting on this day for taxis)
Saturday
Trip to take Lex for developmental assessment - taxi there and back.
Trip to go grab some dinner with Lien, our current visitor/short termer at GH. - taxi there and back.
Sunday
Trip to church, with August - because of the long long walks there and back, I take taxi. He can't walk that far and I can't carry him that far.
Meet Lien at nearby mall to complete some errands for Ate - Jeep there and we all take jeep home. (about a 10 minutes wait for the right jeep to come along)
Trip out to Sta. Lucia Mall (a bit farther than the normal jeep rides) to get picked up by a family I'm babysitting for on Monday - Jeep (got home by catching rides to Faith Academy and then home with Ate who was picking up her kids)
Tuesday
Trip to developmental assessment with 4 toddlers and visitor - taxi there and back

I don't give this schedule recap to show everyone how busy I am... this is actually nothing. But...to shine light on a new investment I'm looking into... that of a vehicle. While yes, a vehicle does cost quite a bit of money, I think that the convenience factor, the saving of being ripped off by taxis, and time saving factors are worth the investment, not to mention the safety factor. As you may have guessed, taxis do not come with optional car-seats... which is another aspect that I will be exploring. As I look forward to filling a back seat with car seats... even though you can't buy car-seats in the Philippines.

Currently I may have some contacts working on getting me a few carseats shipped to me.. if that works out, the next step.. or actually the step before that would be a vehicle. With rainy seasons and frequent floodings in some areas, an SUV is a must, as it also allows for more room for car-seats. I'm very excited about this next step... but at the same time it seems a little overwhelming, as a vehicle is not by any means a small purchase. But I'm resting confidently that the Lord will provide, He has been so faithful thus far.

Another step that has come about recently, is that within the next two months I will have the opportunity to travel to Australia with Ate to speak about Gentle Hands and raise awareness about the injustices and life that the children in the Philippines, the people of Malabon, the people of the Philippines face daily and how Gentle Hands is on the front lines fighting for the rights and lives of these beautiful children and people.

These are two more areas needing prayer in my life, if you are joining me in prayer along this journey. Thank you to all of those precious people and families who have been so generous in joining me in this journey by continually praying and supporting me! God has used you in mighty ways!! Your prayers have sustained me during the tough days! Thank You!!!

~ To God Be the Glory!

2 comments:

The Mama said...

Sorry, I was behind on your blog, so just catching up.

YOU'RE GOING TO D_R_I_V_E??

IN THE PHILIPPINES??

Now THAT takes FAITH lol (;

The Mama said...

OMG(osh)! I thought your post said "the next step... oil" I kept reading thinking 'what does this have ot do with oil? Maybe because a car takes oil??' lol I just saw it said 'oi!' not 'oil' lol